Monday, August 13, 2007

Sugar: Less Effective than Espresso

A short summary of the outcome of the weekend:

I effectively baked too much, ate too much, and consumed too much sugar. (Wwwwaaaayyyyyy too much sugar. Bleh.)

I did not consume enough espresso, did not run quite enough (19 miles), did not burn enough calories, and did not sleep enough.

However, I shot rather well this weekend, and my baking turned out rather well too, so I am content.

While in the previous post I had promised Angel Food Cake, Ice Cream, and a Berry Cheese Tart, I only have a Berry Cheese Tart and a Birthday cake to show you. -- I made brownies instead of the Angel Food Cake (No pictures - sorry!), and ended up not needing to make the ice cream.

But, behold a picture of the beautiful Berry Cheese Tart that everyone loved:



And please keep in mind that the picture does not do it justice - the Cream was creamier, the crust was a little darker (and slightly more pronounced), and the Berries were a deep, dark purple (gorgeous shade). However, this picture gives you a good enough rendtion to remind you why you should help me bake one of these times. Because then you'll be able to taste it, too.

And the second baked good of the weekend: A Birthday Cake. Several people from the Purchasing Department at work requested that I make a cake for one of their employee's Birthday - so, being effectively flattered, I did. It's a marble cake - hence the chocolate icing with white decorations.



Not too bad, as it's one of the first times I've actually decorated a cake. I'll be sure to get back to you on the taste.

And now, I'm off to sleep - and wishing that I didn't have to wake up in a little under 6 hours. =S

Next Entry: Italian Wedding/Creme Cake. Dense white cake with Pecan-ish filling and Cream Cheese-ish Icing. Should be interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment