Friday, August 10, 2007

Breaking News: Baking does not require Espresso

Behold! This weekend, I have successfully baked too much, ate too much, and spent too much; I have ran just enough to fill my quota - 22 miles this week (I was aiming for 20); and I have gotten entirely too little sleep. All without the help of espresso!

A Miracle, to be sure.

So, as the previous blog stated, I made pistachio Baklava on Tuesday night. Well, come Friday, I wanted to try the Creme Baklava recipe I'd discovered.

A wee bit more complicated, and a slightly larger mess later, we behold the finished product:





Doesn't it look delicious? Creamy, smoothe, and sweet but not overpoweringly so. A very good recipe.

Come Saturday night, I'm in the mood for baking again. (Do we see a trend here?)


But this time, it's a slightly more "complete" dessert: Plum Tart, which I turned into a Cobbler, and homemade Vanilla Ice Cream. Let's say it all together: potential for absolute heaven on earth.






Summary of the Plum Tart - Too tart. Needed more sugar. Like, Alot more.

And, unfortunately, I don't have a picture of the Vanilla Ice Cream. But, it was absolute heaven on earth. Although, at ~250 calories per half cup, it'd better be. I'll be making it again next weekend.

And here's a picture of the Lemon Cake I took to work a few weeks ago, as I never posted it:









Four layers of lemon-y goodness, with two layers of Lemon pudding filling, with the center layer being lemon frosting. If you love lemon, it's delicious.

Well, while I don't follow directions, do we think I can bake fairly well?
For the most part. At least my impromptu revisions of the recipe have all turned out well.

And the weekend is over. Next blog: Smoothe; delicious; Cheesecake.



No comments:

Post a Comment