Monday, September 24, 2007

Accusation: Too busy to Bake or Blog

Defendent Pleads: Guilty as Charged.

Verdict: Guilty.

Action: Time Served.



Bwhaha! Ahem. Yes, I've been busy. School, shooting, sleeping, running - no time for blogging! Last weekend I went up to Sacramento for an Archery Competition (and came back with a bruise the size of California - more colorful, though), so no baking then, but I'd baked Creme Brulee and a series of Mini-Bundt Cakes before then, so I should be forgiven.

So, firstly, the first batch of Mini-Bundt cakes. These puppies are a yellow cake with lemon glaze - very good, as far as yellow cakes with lemon glaze go. The main part, is that they're pretty to look at.

Behold, Lemon-ish-Yellow-Mini-Bundt-Cakes:



And my Camera isn't focusing properly again.

And behold, the second batch of Mini-Bundt Cakes. These were baked for work, delivered as such, and tasted like cake-like donuts. Chocolate cake (mostly good, from what I remember) with a chocolate glaze - the chocolate glaze was very good.



And lastly, Creme Brulee with a chocolate lining. I wasn't able to get a torch in time, and the broiling didn't work well, so these were consumed without a traditional carmelized crust. *sniffle* Next time, it will be proper.

But this time, they were quite delicious anyway. Very deliciously-smoothe, especially for a first try.


The picture doesn't do it justice.

And tonight, I baked Pumpkin-Pie Bars. The house smells Delicious. Pictures, explanation, and recipe (I promise!) will follow tomorrow.


In other news, I'm tired, tired, and more tired. I took the train down to LA to visit my sister yesterday afternoon, and we went a house-warming party for one of her co-workers. Delicious combination of me and alcohol. Not that I'm officially allowed to have a great affinity (if any) to that yet, of course.


Let's just say that after having an Ouzo shot (I was floored when I found out it was 40% proof - and 103 calories per shot), a glass of wine, and some beer, I was a very jovial person. We'll just leave it at that. =D

Today, I woke up without a headache, I got a manicure, and spent too much money. But part of it was on a birthday present, so I'm forgiven. Or rather, hopefully I will be when it's delivered in a few weeks.

And, I promise, from now on I'll attach the recipes to these too.


2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete