Saturday, May 3, 2008

Alert: Peter Peter Pumpkin Eater wants his Pumpkin back

Did you ever wonder how Peter Peter Pumpkin Eater got a Pumpkin shell, but no Pumpkin inside?


I stole it! It all worked out well in the end (Made a nice home for his Wife and all), but those predicaments in between... Goodness.



Anywho, Behold Pumpkin Fudge! I know, some of you are probably cringing - who'd mix pumpkin and fudge? But trust me... It's like a delicious pumpkin pie, albeit with more sugar and a fudge-y texture. Oh. My. Goodness. Was suprisingly good.







I took some to work, the Archery Store, and to me, and all of us agreed it was good. It did have walnuts in it, which I normally don't like (and wouldn't include if it was up to me - but everyone I was making it for likes nuts), but they fit in well in this recipe. I must admit, those last few pieces in the fridge are going to go right to my waist. Mmm, delicious.

Funny, both of the Andreas I gave this to really like Pumpkin and Nuts... Must be something in the names....


Recipe was stolen from Confections of a Foodie Bride (http://www.jasonandshawnda.com/foodiebride/)

Pumpkin Pie Fudge, adapted from Southern Living

3 cups sugar
3/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
2/3 cup evaporated milk1 cup canned pumpkin2 Tbsp corn syrup
2 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice (Cinnamon, Nutmeg, Allspice, and Cloves - I just spiced to tastes, with ~1 tsp of Cinnamon, and 1/2 of everything else, except a bit less of cloves)
9 oz white chocolate, chopped
7 oz jar marshmallow crème
1 cup walnuts, chopped and toasted
1 tsp vanilla extract

Stir together first 6 ingredients in a 3 1/2-quart saucepan over medium-high heat, and cook, stirring constantly, until mixture comes to a boil. Cook, stirring constantly, until a candy thermometer registers 234° (soft-ball stage).

Remove pan from heat; stir in remaining ingredients until well blended (stirring this is a work-out!). Pour into a greased aluminum foil-lined 8-inch square pan. Let stand 2 hours or until completely cool; cut fudge into squares.


If you're a Pumpkin junkie, I'd highly recommend this recipe.

Unless you're allergic to pumpkin, or absolutely can't stand the stuff, I'd still highly recommend this recipe.


Comment! Lemme know what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment