Wednesday, April 9, 2008

One White-Chocolate-Strawberry-Cheese-Tart, Coming Up!

Okay, so I haven't been as prompt in posting as I should have been.... But I'm trying! Last weekend I had projects, This weekend I have a School "Case Competition" to go to... And Renn Faire on Sunday! I have no time for posting..... =(

However, Behold my beautiful Last-weekend contraption! It's a White-Chocolate-Strawberry-Cheese-Tart. And is absolutely delicious.



I was given a "Vinegar Pie Crust" Recipe the weekend previous, and I'd been aching to try it, and Strawberries were on sale - it was a combination made in heaven.

So, quickly look up a recipe for some sort of a filling, Decide that White-chocolate and Cream cheese make a marvelous combination, and voila! Perfection at its best.

And while I don't have the recipes now, I promise I'll edit this post later, and attach them.

Mini-Recipe-Outline:
- 1/2 Recipe Vinegar Pie Crust
- 2.5 cups Fresh Strawberries
- White-Chocolate Cheese Filling
- (1) 10oz Package Vanilla or White chips
- (1) pkg Cream Cheese
- 1/4 cup Heavy Cream
- Glaze

What we learned from this Recipe: Don't put the Glaze on until RIGHT BEFORE SERVING, otherwise it makes the sides of the crusts soggy, and soggy crust is not good. Thankfully, since it was a springform pan, the bottom was fine - but next time, don't take the chance.

And, I finished my Renn blouse.... It's marvelous. Better than the picture (I figured out how to wear it properly). Now, I just need to make a pouch/bag... but I don't have time. Joy.
And...... I think that's it. I'll edit with the recipes, I promise!


2 comments:

  1. you had me at "cheese." and when "cheese" is in the same sentence with "tart" i'm all yours. A+ strawberry placement!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete